SHF launched a research grant of PKR 4.0 million to support multi-disciplinary academic and professional teams who are affiliated with the Lahore University of Management Science (LUMS) and/or Shalamar Institute of Health Sciences.
The research grant is an effort to undertake a research project within Pakistan that is not only headed by a team comprising of local experts but is also funded locally. This would help in fostering a culture of meaningful research and learning within the Pakistani community and provide an understanding of the complexities within the country’s healthcare sector, eventually leading to a viable health policy solution.
The grant required applications that addressed the following aspects of Public Health:
For more details, you can get in touch with us at: email@example.com
Update: Announcing the PHRG Projects 2018-19
We are pleased to announce the selected projects for the PHRG 2018. These papers have been selected after a competitive application and review process.
The list of successful projects is below:
- “Understanding Pakistan’s Immunization Problem: A transactional approach” by:
- “Prevention of Coronary Artery Diseases in Urban Slums of Lahore through Advocacy and Behavioural Change” led by:
- Dr. Tahseen Haider Kazmi from the Dept. of Community Medicince, SMDC, SIHS
- Investigation of hyperglycemia mediated inflammation on risk of cardiovascular disease in type 2-diabetes. A collaborative research project by:
- A randomized controlled trial to assess effectiveness of the in-home Growth Monitoring Tool (GroMoTo) in addressing childhood stunting. A collaborative research project by:
- Dr. Agha Akram Ali at the Dept. of Economics, LUMS
- Dr. Hina Khalid at ITU